Cape Girardeau County, Missouri Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1812--Cape Girardeau County was created 1 October 1812 as an original district. County seat: Jackson 
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).