Cape Girardeau County, Missouri Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1812--Cape Girardeau County was created 1 October 1812 as an original county County seat: Jackson  Prior to 1812, Cape Girardeau was a district of the Louisana Territory.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Map of Cape Girardeau County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Cape Girardeau County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).