Cape May County, New Jersey Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
7 N. Main Street
DN 109 PO Box 5000
Cape May Court House NJ 08210-5000
1685, court set up; 1692, county given boundaries in West Jersey; 1694, boundaries changed to transfer Great Egg Harbor area to Gloucester County; 1710, boundary changed; 1822, boundary with Cumberland County clarified; 1844, part of Cumberland County added; 1845, 1844 part of Cumberland County returned; 1846, coastal boundary established; 1878, part of Maurice River twp., Cumberland Co., added to Upper twp., Cape May County; 1891, part of Maurice River twp., Cumberland Co., added to Dennis twp., Cape May Co.; 1906, coastal boundary established.
Societies and Libraries
- Cape County Historical Museum and Genealogical Society
- Cape May County Library
- Greater Cape May Historical Society
- The Cape May County NYGenWeb Project, a member of The NJGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Cape May County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Cape May County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Cape May County.