Difference between revisions of "Capel Garmon, Conwy"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m
m
Line 1: Line 1:
[[Wales]][[Image:Gotoarrow.png]][[Conwy]][[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]Capel Garmon  
+
[[Wales]][[Image:Gotoarrow.png]][[County Borough of Conwy]][[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]Capel Garmon  
  
 
=== History  ===
 
=== History  ===
 +
 +
'''Capel Garmon''' is a village in the [[County Borough of Conwy]], [[Wales]]. The village is part of the [[Communities in Wales|community]] of '''Bro Garmon'''.
 +
 +
Before 1974 the village was in the historic county of [[Denbighshire]] and, between 1874 and 1996 in the [[County of Clwyd]]. In 1996 it became part of the modern [[County Borough of Conwy]].
 +
 +
The former parish church of St Garmon's was originally built as a chapel of ease to the parish of [[Llanrwst, Conwy|Llanrwst]], serving the areas of Garth Garmon and Tybrith Uchaf. Capel Garmon became a separate parish in 1927. The church is now closed.
  
 
=== Administration  ===
 
=== Administration  ===
Line 10: Line 16:
 
! width="45%" | County
 
! width="45%" | County
 
|- valign="top"
 
|- valign="top"
| 1536 - 31 March 1974  
+
| before 31 March 1974  
 
| [[Denbighshire]]
 
| [[Denbighshire]]
 
|- valign="top"
 
|- valign="top"
Line 32: Line 38:
 
=== Maps and Gazetteers  ===
 
=== Maps and Gazetteers  ===
  
*[http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23987 Vision of Britain]
+
*[http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23987 Vision of Britain - Capel Garmon]
 +
*[http://www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=41451084 Geograph - Capel Garmon]
  
 
=== Web Sites  ===
 
=== Web Sites  ===
  
<br>
+
*[http://www.clwydfhs.org.uk/eglwysi/capelgarmon.htm Capel Garmon Parish Church] at Clwyd FHS
  
 
[[Category:Conwy]] [[Category:Historic_Denbighshire_Parishes]]
 
[[Category:Conwy]] [[Category:Historic_Denbighshire_Parishes]]

Revision as of 12:51, 12 May 2013

WalesGotoarrow.pngCounty Borough of ConwyGotoarrow.pngCapel Garmon

History

Capel Garmon is a village in the County Borough of Conwy, Wales. The village is part of the community of Bro Garmon.

Before 1974 the village was in the historic county of Denbighshire and, between 1874 and 1996 in the County of Clwyd. In 1996 it became part of the modern County Borough of Conwy.

The former parish church of St Garmon's was originally built as a chapel of ease to the parish of Llanrwst, serving the areas of Garth Garmon and Tybrith Uchaf. Capel Garmon became a separate parish in 1927. The church is now closed.

Administration

Years County
before 31 March 1974 Denbighshire
1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996 Clwyd
from 1 April 1996 Conwy

Records

Civil Registration

Church Records

Census Records

Probate Records

Maps and Gazetteers

Web Sites