Caribou Maine Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Caribou Maine Family History Center services all patrons who live in the Northern Maine and Western New Brunswick areas. We also serve patrons who live elsewhere and may need help in locating information for ancestors who lived in this area. We welcome beginners and advanced researchers, offer free help and guidance, and enjoy all aspects of genealogy.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 67 Paris Snow, Caribou, Maine 04736. Library is located inside the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building and is open to all community patrons.
- Link to map: Caribou Maine Family History Center
Open Hours: Thursday evenings 6- 9 pm; Saturday 10 am - 2 pm, and by appointment. Call Salena Ball Ashton, director, for further information at 207-492-0644.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- We specialize in French Canadian, Acadian, and Northern Maine records not currently available on the Internet.
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Internet, microfilm and microfiche readers, trained staff.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)