Carroll County, Ohio Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:06, 12 July 2012 by StandingVE
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Carroll County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 Sources and Footnotes
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Columbiana, Stark, Harrison, Jefferson, and Tuscarawas Counties in 1833.
- County Seat: Carrollton
- Neighboring Counties: Carroll County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Stark (northwest) · Columbiana (northeast) · Harrison (south) · Tuscarawas (west) · Jefferson (east)
HistoryCharles Carroll (1737-1832), a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
See an interactive map of Carroll County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Carroll County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Carroll County.
- - 98th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies H and I
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Sources and Footnotes
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- Charles Carroll of Carrollton, Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Carroll_of_Carrollton.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002)