Carroll County, Ohio Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:47, 6 March 2012 by Sandralpond (Changed external to internal links and fixed links and adding links)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 Sources and Footnotes
HistoryCharles Carroll (1737-1832), a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
See an interactive map of Carroll County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Carroll County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Carroll County.
- - 98th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies H and I
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Sources and Footnotes
- Charles Carroll of Carrollton, Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Carroll_of_Carrollton.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002)