Carroll County, Virginia Compiled Genealogies
Has anyone studied my Carroll County, Virginia Genealogy before?
More than a dozen family history books and articles have been published about Carroll County's families.
- Main article: Carroll County, Virginia
- Carroll County, VA Genealogy Forum, courtesy: GenForum. (0+ messages)
- Carroll - Family History & Genealogy Message Board, courtesy: Ancestry. (0+ messages)
Carroll County, Virginia Surnames (courtesy: Linkpendium) contains links to more than 0 online resources about this county's families, including compiled genealogies.
Compiled genealogies that treat multiple Carroll County families include:
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Alderman] Spear, Verne Raymond. The Descendants of Jacob Alderman/Oldermann 1777-1821, Germany - Carroll Co., VA. MSS., New England Historical Genealogical Society, Boston, Massachusetts. FHL Collection 1598430 Item 1
- [Bowman] Manley, Iva Bowman and Regina Bowman Manuel. Origins of the Bowmans of Carroll County, Va.: The Bowman Family History. Max Meadows, Virginia: I.B. Manley & R.B. Manuel, 1984. FHL Collection 929.273 B684mi
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795592 Item 5 Includes Carroll County.
- [Lyon] Lyon(s) Family Association of America. Lyon(s) Family Archives, ca.1605-ca.1980: Lyon(s) Individual and Family Files for Various Counties in the State of Virginia. Typescript, 1960-1975. FHL Film 1320853 Item 2
- [Marshall] Marshall, David W. Descendants of Martin Marshall and Allied Families of Calvert County, Maryland, Carroll County, Va. and Forsyth Counties North Carolina. Columbia, South Carolina: D. Marshall, 1994. FHL Collection 929.273 M357md
- [Mabry] See Mayberry.
- [Mayberry] McColman, Ora Belle Mayberry. A Few of the Descendants of Charles Mayberry/Mabry of Grayson (Carroll) Co. VA., 176?-1840. 2 vols. Roanoke, Virginia: O.M. McColman, 1987. FHL Collection 929.273 M451mx
- [Shockley] Prechtel-Kluskens, Claire. "Worrell-Shockley-Bobbitt Connections in Carroll (Montgomery) County, Virginia," Magazine of Virginia Genealogy, Vol. 40, No. 1 (Feb. 2002):19-25. Digital version at Ancestry ($); FHL Book 975.5 B2vs v. 40 (2002).
- [Smith] Cobb, Arnette Smith. To Know One Another: Some Virginia Smiths -- 1738-1985 and Kin: Carroll County, Twelve Generations. A.S. Cobb, 1985. FHL Collection 929.273 Sm51ca
- [Turman] King, Hatcher and Alta King. Turman and Slusher Genealogy, 1757-1974: Christopher Slusher Sr., Wife, Eva, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, Fredrick, Washington counties, Maryland, Montgomery, Floyd counties, Virginia. MSS. Microfilmed 1974-1975: FHL Collection.
- [Webb] Turner, Ronald Ray. Webb Families of the Virginias. 2007. Available online, courtesy: Raleigh County West Virginia GenWeb.
- [Williams] Cox, Fredora May. Descendants of Enoch Williams and Rachel Davis of Carroll County, Virginia. Typescript. FHL Collection 929.273 A1 no. 5804
- [Worrell] Edwards, Donna Kelly. Ancestors and Descendants of Jonathan Worrell, 1833-1915: Carroll County, Virginia. White Hall, Maryland: D.K. Edwards, 1992. FHL Collection 929.273 W896e
- [Worrell] Prechtel-Kluskens, Claire. "Worrell-Shockley-Bobbitt Connections in Carroll (Montgomery) County, Virginia," Magazine of Virginia Genealogy, Vol. 40, No. 1 (Feb. 2002):19-25. Digital version at Ancestry ($); FHL Book 975.5 B2vs v. 40 (2002).