Carter Indian Agency (Wisconsin)
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:06, 12 February 2009 by Jbparker
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
The Carter AGency was established in 1911 at Carter, Wisconsin with responsibility for several bands of Potawatomi Indians in Wisconsin and Michigan. It was moved to Laona, Wisconsin in 1916 and thereafter was known as the Laona Agency.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online