Cass County, Michigan Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:42, 16 March 2009 by Dasc.54 (Added MI vitals links to familysearch pilot.)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1829--Cass County was created 29 October 1829 from unorganized territory.
County seat: Cassopolis 
Southwest Michigan Obituary Index from the earliest date to 2000.
- FamilySearch - Pilot Searchable name indexes and images of Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- FamilySearch - Pilot Searchable name indexes of Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the bride and groom’s fathers.
- FamilySearch - Pilot Searchable name indexes and images of Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Cass County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).