Cass County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Cass County Courthouse
120 N Broadway
P. O. Box 355
Cassopolis, MI 49031
Phone: (616) 445-8621
1829--Cass County was created 29 October 1829 from unorganized territory.
County seat: Cassopolis 
Civil War service men from Cass County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Cass County.
- - 1st Regiment, Michigan Cavalry, Company M
- - 12th Regiment, Michigan Infantry, Companies A and K
- - 17th Regiment, Michigan Infantry, Company B
Southwest Michigan Obituary Index from the earliest date to 2000.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Cass County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).