Castle Dale Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 590 W SR 29, Castle Dale UT 84513 United States
- Entrance to our center is located in the back of the building on the north side.
Center. 1-435-381-2464, option 4
If no answer, call 435-748-5386
- Elizabeth Thorpe
- Mon.: open 10:00 am. - 1:30 pm
- Tues. and Wed: open 10:00 am - 1:30 pm and 7 pm - 9 pm
- Thurs.: open 10:00 am. - 5 pm and 7 pm - 9 pm
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness.
- Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
- Closed entire week of Thanksgiving
- Closed 15 Dec 2017 - 8 Jan 2018
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Many microfilms of Danish records on permanent loan from the Family History Library
- Emery County history books and cemetery records
- microfilmed Emery County Progress newspapers through 1972
- county obituaries from 2000 to present
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Free library access to these websites: fold3, Ancestry.com, Find My Past, My Heritage, American Ancestors, and GeneaNet
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 computer stations and several microfilm and microfiche readers
- genealogical book collection
- wireless internet
Staff Research Specialties
Our stake has been asked to specialize in the indexing of Italian civil records of births, marriages, and deaths. Staff can help train you or your group in how to index these and other records.
Resources in the Local Area
The Emery County Archives is located in the Emery County Courthouse in downtown Castle Dale, Utah.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Please contact Elizabeth at 435-748-5386