Catawba County, North Carolina Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Many court records missing.
Newton was divided into 8 townships in 1868. Very few changes have been made in the township boundaries since that date. The townships are: Newton | Clines | Caldwell | Jacobs Fork | Mountain Creek | Bandys | Hickory Tavern (changed to Hickory) | Hamilton (changed to Catawba).
The Catawba County Genealogical Society has published several helpful volumes of cemetery records and marriage records. Researchers will find their webpage within the Catawba County NCGenWeb site helpful.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Catawba County NCGenweb Project, a member of The NCGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).