Cefn Meiriadog, Denbighshire Genealogy
The ecclesiastical parish of Cefn was formed by an Order in Council on 7 February 1865 and comprised the two Denbighshire townships of Wigfair and Meiriadog, which had until then been in the parish of St. Asaph.
For more information on Cefn Meiriadog see:
- Cefn Meiriadog at Genuki
|before 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Denbighshire|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Vision of Britain - Cefn Meiriadog at Vision of Britain
- Cefn Meiriadog Parish Church at Clwyd FHS