Centreville Virginia Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 14150 Upperridge Drive, Centreville, VA 20121, USA
- Family History Center has a Digital Imager, Micro Film Readers and Computers with access to the Internet. Micro films and Fiche are available. Family History Staff available for assistance.
- Phone: (703) 830-5343
Tue Wed Thu 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sat 9:30 to 2:30 p.m.
2011 Close Dates
Labor Day Sat Sep 3
General Conference Sat Oct 1
Thanksgiving Wed Nov 23 - Sat Nov 26
Christmas holdiays Wed-Sat Dec 21 - Dec 31
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events - Training Sep 11, 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Staff Training Meetings - Sep 11, 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Public Welcome
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.) <fck:hr>
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
We are in need of volunteers for our Family History Center. A desire to do Family History and some basic computer skills and we will provid the training and experience helpers