Chambers County, Alabama Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1832--Chambers County was created 18 December from the Creek Cession of 1832. County seat: Lafayette 
All of these cemeteries are owned by the City of Valley.
|Chambers County, Alabama|
|Sources: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml. through 1960|
The Valley Times News is located at 220 N 12th St. Lanett, Alabama. Phone # is 334-644-1101
The LaFayette Sun is located 116 LaFayette St., LaFayette, Alabama. Phone # is 334=864-8885
Societies and Libraries
The Cobb Memorial Archives is located at 3419 20th Ave. Valley, Alabama. Phone # is 334-768-2052.
The Chambers county Library is located at 3419 20th Ave. Valley, Alabama. Phone # is 334-768-2052
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Chambers County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).