Champaign County, Ohio Genealogy
|Champaign County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Champaign County Courthouse|
200 N. Main Street
Urbana, Ohio 43078
Champaign County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Church Records
- 2.6 Court Records
- 2.7 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.8 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.9 Gazetteers
- 2.10 Genealogy
- 2.11 History
- 2.12 Land and Property
- 2.13 Maps
- 2.14 Military
- 2.15 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.16 Newspapers
- 2.17 Obituaries
- 2.18 Periodicals
- 2.19 Probate
- 2.20 Public Records
- 2.21 Repositories
- 2.22 Taxation
- 2.23 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Franklin and Greene counties 20 February 1805.
- County Seat: Urbana
- Neighboring Counties: Champaign County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Logan (north) · Union (northeast) · Clark (south) · Shelby and Miami (west) · Madison (east)
See an interactive map of Champaign County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Miami Valley Genealogy Index is an Index to more than a half million pointers to records all over Miami Valley including Champaign County.
Land and Property
- Civil War, 1861-1865
Civil War service men from Champaign County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Champaign County.
- - 113th Regiment, Ohio Infantry , Companies E and K
Naturalization and Citizenship
Champaign County Courthouse
200 N Main Street
Urbana, OH 43078
Probate Judge has birth, marriage and probate records.
County Health Department has death records.
County Auditor has burial records.
County Recorder has land records.
County Clerk has divorce and court records.
Family History Centers
Champaign County Chapter, Ohio Genealogical Society . PO Box 682 . Urbana, OH 43078-0680
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 540, Champaign County, Ohio. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Wikipedia contributors, "Champaign County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champaign_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).