Charlottesville (Independent City), Virginia
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
1762--Charlottesville was created in 1762 from Norfolk County. 
Indexes (1889-1939) and images (1889-1926) to Charlottesville, Virginia Chancery Records are available online through Virginia Memory: Chancery Records Index. These records, often concerned with inheritance disputes, contain a wealth of genealogical information.
- Cutten, George Barton. The Silversmiths of Virginia (Together with Watchmakers and Jewelers) from 1694 to 1850. Richmond, Va.: The Dietz Press, Incorporated, 1952. Available at FHL. [Includes a section on Charlottesville silversmiths.]
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- "Virginia Memory: Chancery Records Index Availability," Library of Virginia (accessed 26 January 2010).