Chase County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Chase County Courthouse
Cottonwood Falls, KS 66845
County Clerk has birth records 1886-1911 and death records 1886-1910.
Register of Deeds has land records.
Probate Judge has probate records. 
- 1859--Chase County was created 11 February 1859 from Butler and Wise (Old) Counties. County seat: Cottonwood Falls 
Men from Chase County enlisted in the following regiments and companies in the Civil War:
- Regiment 1
- Regiment 2, Companies Fand D
- Regiment 5 Cavalry
- Regiment 6, Missouri
- Regiment 7, Company H
- Regiment 9, Companies B, D, I, M
- Regiment 10, Companies I and Q
- Regiment 11, Companies M and C, Cavalry
- Regiment 15, Company H
- Regiment 17, Company C. Regiments are infantry unless otherwise noted.
Chase County Death and Obituary Index for the period 1863-2005. Index gives name and newspaper date of obituary and provides information ordering a copy.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Chase County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Chase County, Kansas 248 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).