Cheltenham England Family History Centre
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Cheltenham Family History Centre serves the public and LDS church units in Cheltenham and Gloucester plus all other church units in the LDS Cheltenham Stake that do not have their own Family History Centre.
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
LDS Chapel, Thirlestaine Road Cheltenham, GL53 7AS
- Church car park will be open during opening hours.
- Use the entrance at the car park side towards the rear of the building.
- 01242 523433 (during opening times)
- 07908 472506 - Stewart Millar, FHC Director
- By appointment - 07908 472506
- Regular opening times will be posted for 2014
- Closed - August
- Closed - 5 December 2013 - 7 January 2014
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal
These include: Ancestry, FindMyPast and the 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive plus other significant web sites.
- FamilySearch Record Collections -worldwide over 1,600 collections and 3 billion indexed names.
- FHC Portal
Hardware and Equipment
- Four computers with access to the FHC Portal.
- Scanner for scanning source documents and photographs.
- Two Microfilm Readers
- One Fiche Reader
Staff Research Specialties
- England & Wales research to 1700s.
- Use of FamilySearch Family Tree integrated with sources, photos, stories and documents.
Resources in the Local Area
Gloucestershire Family History Society
- Gloucestershire Family History Society
Family History Centre
Telephone: 01452 524344
- Clarence Row
Telephone:44 (0) 1452 425295
Volunteer at the Centre
Ideally require volunteers with good IT skills and a keen interest in family history.