Cherokee County, Georgia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:37, 20 September 2010 by MarkhamMJ (added nav bar)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1831--Cherokee County was created 26 December 1831 from Cherokee Lands. County seat: Canton 
1865 and 1928 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cherokee County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).