Difference between revisions of "Cherokee County, North Carolina Genealogy"
m (Text replace - "|RTENOTITLE]]" to "]]")
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
Cherokee County <br>53 Peachtree <br>Murphy North Carolina 28906<br>282-837-2613<br>
has , <br>of Deeds has land records<>Cherokee County<>
== History ==
== History ==
Revision as of 20:58, 29 May 2012
|Cherokee County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Cherokee County Courthouse
Murphy North Carolina 28906
Clerk Superior Court has divorce records,
Registrar of Deeds has land records
1865, 1895, 1926--Courthouse fires have destroyed many court records.
- Fannin County, Georgia
- Monroe County, Tennessee
- Polk County, Tennessee
- Union County, Georgia
For tips on accessing Cherokee County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cherokee County, North Carolina. Page 507 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).