Chittenden County, Vermont Genealogy
Guide to Chittenden County Vermont genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Chittenden County, New Hampshire|
Location in the state of New Hampshire
|Founded||October 22, 1789|
|Address|| Chittenden County Courthouse|
175 Main Street, Burlington, VT 05401-8310
Chittenden County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 4.1 Archives and Libraries
- 4.2 Cemeteries
- 4.3 Church History and Records
- 4.4 Court Records
- 4.5 Gazetteers
- 4.6 History
- 4.7 Land
- 4.8 Maps
- 4.9 Military History and Records
- 4.10 Newspapers
- 4.11 Probate Records
- 4.12 Taxation
- 4.13 Vital Records
- 4.14 Societies,Libraries and Museums
- 4.15 Websites
- 4.16 References
County CourthouseTown clerks have birth, marriage, death, burial, probate and land records; County clerk has divorce records from 1829 and court records from 1798
Towns Organized Before 1800:
St. George 1763,
Created 22 October 1787 from the Colonial lands. 
- 5 November 1792, Franklin County set off.
- 1 November 1810, Jefferson County set off (renamed Washington County 8 November 1814.)
- 26 October 1835, Lamoille County set off.
Places / Localities
Towns and Cities
- Buel's Gore
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
Military History and Records
Probate files or packets for Chittenden County are now digitized and available at http://labs.familysearch.org/.
Societies,Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- The Chittenden County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project backup site
- Chittenden County Genealogy (Vermont Genealogy)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 698. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 395. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- Leclerc, 394.