Choctaw County, Alabama Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:49, 31 March 2012 by Murphynw (census access)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1859 and 1871 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
- Clarke County, Mississippi
- Lauderdale County, Mississippi
- Wayne County, Mississippi
For tips on accessing Choctaw County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
|Choctaw County, Alabama|
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Choctaw County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml.
- through 1960
- Columbia-Lippincott Gazeteer. (New York: Columbia University Press, 1952) p. 403
- 2006 World Almanac, p. 525