Choctaw County, Oklahoma Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 12:33, 16 October 2011 by Sandralpond (adding FHC links)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1907--Choctaw County was created 16 July 1907 from Choctaw Lands. County seat: Hugo 
See an interactive map of Choctaw County border changes.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has The Paris News (Paris, TX) from 1925 that may include residents from Choctaw County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).