Christ Church Parish, Middlesex Genealogy, Virginia
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:35, 5 July 2011 by Murphynw (1907 history)
- Mason, George Carrington. "The Colonial Churches of Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, 2nd Ser., Vol. 19, No. 1 (Jan. 1939):8-24. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Mason, George Carrington. Colonial Churches of Tidewater Virginia. Richmond, Virginia: Whittet & Shepperson, 1945. Available at FHL; digital version at Family History Archives. [Includes Middlesex County.]
- The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Virginia. The Parish Register of Christ Church, Middlesex County, Va. from 1653 to 1812. Richmond, Va.: Wm. Ellis Jones, Steam Book and Job Printer, 1897. Digital version at Internet Archive.
This book has also been converted into databases at Ancestry ($):
- O'Brien, Michael J. "Virginia, Middlesex County. - Extracts from the Parish Register of Christ Church," The Journal of the American Irish Historical Society, Vol. 12 (1913):149-155. Available at FHL; digital version at Google Books (full-view). [O'Brien attempts to identify Irish surnames in this Church of England parish register.]
- Chamberlayne, C.G. The Vestry Book of Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia, 1663-1767. Richmond, Va.: Old Dominion Press, 1927.
- Christ Church, The Historical Marker Database
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 246-257.