Christ Church Parish, South Carolina
Christ Church Parish serves Charleston.
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders St. Michael's, St. Philip's, and St. Thomas & St. Denis parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina.
- Gregorie, Anne King. "Cemetery Inscriptions from Christ Church Parish," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 21, No. 2 (Apr. 1920):73-76; Vol. 21, No. 3 (Jul., 1920):132-135. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- [Bond] Webber, Mabel L. "The Bond Family of Hobcaw Plantation, Christ Church Parish," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 25, No. 1 (Jan. 1924):1-22. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- [Bond] "Corrections: The Bond Family of Hobcaw Plantation, Christ Church Parish," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 25, No. 3 (Jul. 1924):158. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
For a history of the parish, see Chapter 7, Christ Church Parish, pages 275-283, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
In the 1950s, the parish held its registers at the church. The records begin in 1694. Copies: FHL Films 22741 Item 4, 23438. Births and christenings are indexed on the IGI for the years 1694 to 1843. Abstracts have also been published:
- South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vols. 18-22 FHL Book 975.7 B2s v. 18-22. Digital versions at JSTOR ($).
- Christ Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- Christ Church: The Episcopal Church of Christ Church Parish Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Genealogical Department. Christ Church Parish, Charleston, South Carolina Computer Printout; Births or Christenings, 1694-1843. FHL Film 1001815 Item 7