Citadels Parish København, København, Denmark
Citadels church was dedicated 26 November 1704. On 9 Jan 1739, Citadellet Frederikshavns congregation seperated from Garnisons parish and became Citadels parish.
The following is a chronological list of changes to the parish:
- 16 Dec 1892 - the areas of Middelgrundsfortet, Trekroner, Pøvstenen, Lynetten, and Mellemfortet were added to the parish
- 2 October 1902 - until this date, Citadels parish was primarily a military parish, but on this date a civilian congregation was established.
- 30 Dec 1915 - part of Skt. Jacobs parish was added to Citadels.
- 8 Feb 1923 - part of Davids parish added to Citadels
- 2 Sept 1949 - All military personel and their families required to attend Citadels (or another military parish), no matter if they live outside the parish boundaries or not.
- 1 Oct 1973 - the areas of Trekroner, Prøvestenen, and Mellemfortet were given to Vor Frelser parish
(Write information such as: how old the parish is, interesting facts about the parish, what alternate names it has, or any boundary changes.)
|Amt 1662 - 1793||Add here|
|Amt 1794 - 1970||Copenhagen City|
|1788 – 1793 Lægd number||Add here|
|1794 – 1869 Lægd number||Add here|
Folke Bernadottes Alle, Fridtjof Nansens Plads
Jens Munks Gade
Langelinie, Lipkesgade, Livjægergade
Nordborggade, Nordre Toldbod, Næstvedgade
Stavangergade, Strandboulevarden, Sønderborggade
Toldbodvej, Trondhjems Plads, Trondhjemsgade
To see what kind of place it is you will need a Danish Gazetteer.
- Surrounding Parishes
(write information about the different collections, or tips on using them)
- Census Records
- Church Records
- Court Records
- Military Records
- Probate Records
Societies and Libraries