Clawson, Utah is located "seven miles southwest of Castle Dale and three and one-half miles northeast of Ferron. It was settled in the spring of 1897 by the families of Edward Jorgenson, Elias Blackburn, Guy King, and others. The original name was Kingsville for the King family. The early location was two miles east of present day Clawson. Mormon church leaders advised the move to the present site in 1902. On October 1904, Mormon Apostle Rudger Clawson came to organize a ward and the town name was changed from Kingsville to Clawson in his honor."
Highway 10 (5 miles south of Clawson)
Clawson, Utah 84516
- The Emery County UT GenWeb Project, a member of The UTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Clawson Town
- Family History Library Catalog
- John W. Van Cott, Utah Place Names: A Comprehensive Guide To the Origins of Geographic Names (Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press, 1990), 81.