Clay County, North Carolina Genealogy
Guide to Clay County North Carolina genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Clay County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1870--Fire (not courthouse) destroyed all records of the county.
For tips on accessing Clay County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- 1870-1908 - Clay County, North Carolina Early Marriages at USGenWeb - free.
- 1870-1970 - Clay County Marriage Books A-Z Index 1870-1970 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clay County, North Carolina. Page 507 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- "Henry Clay," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/4/4d/Iginorthcarolinaa.pdf.