Clermont County, Ohio Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 14:50, 10 August 2012 by StandingVE
|Clermont County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Founded:||December 6, 1800|
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Places / Localities
- 3 History
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Hamilton County 6 December 1800.
- County Seat: Batavia
- Neighboring Counties: Clermont County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Warren (north) · Clinton (northeast) · Campbell County, Kentucky, Pendleton County, Kentucky, and Bracken County, Kentucky (south) · Hamilton (west) · Brown (east)
See an interactive map of Clermont County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Old Bethel Cemetery, Bethel BillionGraves
- Bethel Cemetery, Bethel BillionGraves (newer and larger cemetery)
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Clermont County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Clermont County.
- - 1st Independent Battery, Ohio Light Artillery, a battery is like a company in an artillery regiment.
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).