Clermont County, Ohio Genealogy
|Clermont County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||December 6, 1800|
|Address|| Clermont County Courthouse|
4430 State Route 222
Batavia, Ohio 45103
Clermont County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Historical Facts
- 3 Resources
- 3.1 Bible Records
- 3.2 Biography
- 3.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 3.4 Cemeteries
- 3.5 Census
- 3.6 Church Records
- 3.7 Court Records
- 3.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 3.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 3.10 Gazetteers
- 3.11 Genealogy
- 3.12 History
- 3.13 Land and Property
- 3.14 Maps
- 3.15 Military
- 3.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 3.17 Newspapers
- 3.18 Obituaries
- 3.19 Periodicals
- 3.20 Probate
- 3.21 Public Records
- 3.22 Repositories
- 3.23 Taxation
- 3.24 Vital Records
- 4 Web Sites
- 5 Places / Localities
- 6 References
Clermont County Courthouse
212 E Main Street
Batavia, OH 45103
Probate Court has birth and death records 1867-1950,
marriage and probate records from 1800 and
naturalization records from 1860’s; Clerk Court has divorce
records from 1861 and court records from 1803
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Hamilton County 6 December 1800.
- County Seat: Batavia
- Neighboring Counties: Clermont County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Warren (north) · Clinton (northeast) · Campbell County, Kentucky, Pendleton County, Kentucky, and Bracken County, Kentucky (south) · Hamilton (west) · Brown (east)
See an interactive map of Clermont County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
- Old Bethel Cemetery, Bethel BillionGraves
- Bethel Cemetery, Bethel BillionGraves (newer and larger cemetery)
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Clermont County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Clermont County.
- - 1st Independent Battery, Ohio Light Artillery, a battery is like a company in an artillery regiment.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Places / Localities
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- Wikipedia contributors, "Clermont County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clermont_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).