Clinton, South Carolina
Clinton was first settled by Scots-Irish immigrants two decades before the American Revolutionary War. It incorporated as a town in 1852, and was named after Henry Clinton Young, a lawyer from Laurens, who helped lay out the first streets.
Archives and Libraries
note: Public libraries, public county and college archives
Church History and Records
- Duncan's Creek Presbyterian Church
- Presbyterian College, founded 1880.
- The Clinton Chronicle, a weekly newspaper established in 1900, and also, a website of Clinton and Laurens County news that is updated every day.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
note: the societies with their own memberships, libraries, museums and collections.