Clinton County, Kentucky Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
The county is named after New York Governor DeWitt Clinton (1769-1828).
1865, 1890--Disasters destroyed some records.
Places / Localities
|Browns Crossroads||Highway||Ootens Store (hist.)||Wago|
|Cartwright||Ida||Seventy Six||Willis Creek|
|Cedar Knob||Jones Mill||Shipley||Wolf River Dock|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
- Cemeteries of Clinton County - Clinton County KYGenWeb
- Tombstone Transcription Project
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search
- Find A Grave
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Clinton County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Clinton County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
Clinton County Schools - Clinton County KYGenWeb
Societies and Libraries
- Clinton County KYGenWeb
- KYGenWeb Project
- Kentucky in the USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).