Clinton County, Missouri Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
COUNTY BUILDING DAMAGED
PLATTSBURG, Mo. (AP) - Fire destroyed the top floor of the 80-year-old Clinton County Courthouse here Friday, but county officials say most government records were saved. ... The sheriff said he lost all of his arrest records and a two-way radio system. ... County Collector Carl Joson said the county's tax records could be salvaged because they were kept in a vault, but everything in the office except his brass spittoon was destroyed. ...
The Daily Capital News, Jefferson City, MO 15 Jun 1974
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
Cameron, Missouri. Population over 9,000 (this includes the prison.)
Cameron Memory Gardens. East of Cameron on Grand Avenue or "Old 36 Hwy" This is Cameron's newest Cemetery.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Cameron. Cameron First Baptist Church.
- Interactive map of Clinton County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Clinton County.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).