Clocaenog, Denbighshire Genealogy
The Clocaenog Forest covers parts of Denbighshire and Conwy on the Mynydd Hiraethog.
"A parish in the hundred of Ruthin, county of Denbigh; 3½ miles (SW) from Ruthin. ..... This parish is situated in a mountainous district, and the village is almost surrounded by unproductive and widely extended heaths: in the vicinity are some excellent quarries of stone, among which is that peculiar kind used for hones."
[ A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833 & 1849, Samuel Lewis]
The ancient parish of Clocaenog comprised the townships of Bryngwri, Llanerchgron, Maen-ar-ei-gilydd, Maestyddyn, Clocaenog Ucha, and Clocaenog Isa. For more information see Clocaenog at genuki.org.uk
|before 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Denbighshire|
Maps and Gazetteers
- Clocaenog Parish Church at Clwyd FHS