Coconino County, Arizona Genealogy
|Coconino County, Arizona|
Location in the state of Arizona
Location of Arizona in the U.S.
|Founded||February 19, 1891|
|Address|| 200 N. San Francisco St. (Courthouse)|
Flagstaff AZ. 86001
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Family History Centers
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Coconino County Courthouse
Flagstaff Justice Court
100 East Birch Avenue
Flagstaff, Az 86001-4696
Clerk Superior Court has marriage, divorce court and probate records from 1891
County Recorder had land records.
Coconino County lies north of Phoenix and the county seat is Flagstaff, so named on account of a flagpole raising by the first settlers of the area. Today Flagstaff is the largest community in the county. 
|Angell||East Flagstaff||Little Spring||Pine Tank||Tempe Camp|
|Apex||Elden Pueblo||Long Valley||Pumpkin Center||Tiis Holoni|
|Bellemont||Flagstaff||Lost Eden||Quivero||Tin House|
|Big Springs||Fort Tuthill||Lower Tillman||Rare Metals||Tolani Lake|
|Cameron||Frazier Wells||Maine||Red Lake||Tolchico|
|Campo Bonito||Fredonia||Mangum Springs||Rimmy Jims||Tonalea|
|Cane||Grand Canyon||Marble Canyon||Riordan||Tuba City|
|Canyon Diablo||Grand Canyon Caverns||Meteor City||Robbers Roost||Tusayan|
|Chalender||Gray Mountain||Moenave||Rockledge||Two Guns|
|Clints Well||Happy Jack||Moenkopi||Rosewell Camp||Valle|
|Coal Mine Mesa||Hidden Springs Mission||Moqui||Ryan||Vista Encantada|
|Coconino||Indian Gardens||Mormon Lake||Sand Springs||Wahweap|
|Cogdill Center||Jacob Lake||Mountainaire||Sedona||Willaha|
|Corva||Kachina Village||Munds Park||Sereno||Willow Springs|
|Cosnino||Kaibito||Navajo Mountain Mission||Sereno Spring||Williams|
|Cow Springs||Lakeview||North Rim||Sherwood Forest||Williams Junction|
|Coyote Basin Ranch||LeChee||One Mile||Stoneman Lake||Wingfield|
|Dennison||Leupp Corner||Pilgrim Playground||Supai|
Calvary Cemetery 201 W. University Flagstaff, AZ 86001 Phone: 928-220-2317. This is an older Catholic cemetery, founded in 1892 that is near the campus of Northern Arizona University.
Citizen's Cemetery 1300 N San Francisco St Flagstaff, AZ 86001 Phone: 928-774-6725. The largest cemetery in Flagstaff that is run by the city. It is on the east side of the campus of Northern Arizona University.
BillionGraves: Each cemetery has a Google map, photos, and headstone transcriptions of those photos in a searchable database.
- Lonely Dell Ranch Cemetery, Marble Canyon (West of Page). More likely accessible from US 89A, on west side of Colorado River and north of a small airport (airstrip) in the area.
- Mountain View Cemetery, Williams
- Page Cemetery, Page
- Pioneer Cemetery, Grand Canyon Located entirely within the National Park area, it is on the entrance road going to the main tourist area. Only under a thousand feet or so from the edge of the canyon itself. Has about 100 headstones.
For tips on accessing Coconino County, Arizona Genealogy census records online, see: Arizona Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Many early marriages are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
Arizona Historical Society
2340 N Ft. Valley Rd
Sedona Genealogy Club
P.O. Box 4258
Family History Centers
625 E Cherry Ave
Flagstaff, Coconino, Arizona, United States
313 S Lake Powell Blvd
Page, Coconino, Arizona, United States
Tuba City Arizona
21 W Moenavi
Tuba City, Coconino, Arizona, United States
These are not mailing addresses. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Coconino County, Arizona Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Coconino County, Arizona p. 56. ; .
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).