Coconino County, Arizona Genealogy
|Coconino County, Arizona|
Location in the state of Arizona
Location of Arizona in the U.S.
|Founded||February 19, 1891|
|Address|| 200 N. San Francisco St. (Courthouse)|
Flagstaff AZ. 86001
- 1 History
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Family History Centers
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Coconino County lies north of Phoenix and the county seat is Flagstaff, so named on account of a flagpole raising by the first settlers of the area. Today Flagstaff is the largest community in the county.
|Angell||East Flagstaff||Little Spring||Pine Tank||Tempe Camp|
|Apex||Elden Pueblo||Long Valley||Pumpkin Center||Tiis Holoni|
|Bellemont||Flagstaff||Lost Eden||Quivero||Tin House|
|Big Springs||Fort Tuthill||Lower Tillman||Rare Metals||Tolani Lake|
|Cameron||Frazier Wells||Maine||Red Lake||Tolchico|
|Campo Bonito||Fredonia||Mangum Springs||Rimmy Jims||Tonalea|
|Cane||Grand Canyon||Marble Canyon||Riordan||Tuba City|
|Canyon Diablo||Grand Canyon Caverns||Meteor City||Robbers Roost||Tusayan|
|Chalender||Gray Mountain||Moenave||Rockledge||Two Guns|
|Clints Well||Happy Jack||Moenkopi||Rosewell Camp||Valle|
|Coal Mine Mesa||Hidden Springs Mission||Moqui||Ryan||Vista Encantada|
|Coconino||Indian Gardens||Mormon Lake||Sand Springs||Wahweap|
|Cogdill Center||Jacob Lake||Mountainaire||Sedona||Willaha|
|Corva||Kachina Village||Munds Park||Sereno||Willow Springs|
|Cosnino||Kaibito||Navajo Mountain Mission||Sereno Spring||Williams|
|Cow Springs||Lakeview||North Rim||Sherwood Forest||Williams Junction|
|Coyote Basin Ranch||LeChee||One Mile||Stoneman Lake||Wingfield|
|Dennison||Leupp Corner||Pilgrim Playground||Supai|
Calvary Cemetery 201 W. University Flagstaff, AZ 86001 Phone: 928-220-2317. This is an older Catholic cemetery, founded in 1892 that is near the campus of Northern Arizona University.
Citizen's Cemetery 1300 N San Francisco St Flagstaff, AZ 86001 Phone: 928-774-6725. The largest cemetery in Flagstaff that is run by the city. It is on the east side of the campus of Northern Arizona University.
BillionGraves: Each cemetery has a Google map, photos, and headstone transcriptions of those photos in a searchable database.
- Lonely Dell Ranch Cemetery, Marble Canyon (West of Page). More likely accessible from US 89A, on west side of Colorado River and north of a small airport (airstrip) in the area.
- Mountain View Cemetery, Williams
- Page Cemetery, Page
- Pioneer Cemetery, Grand Canyon Located entirely within the National Park area, it is on the entrance road going to the main tourist area. Only under a thousand feet or so from the edge of the canyon itself. Has about 100 headstones.
For tips on accessing Coconino County, Arizona Genealogy census records online, see: Arizona Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Many early marriages are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
Arizona Historical Society
2340 N Ft. Valley Rd
Sedona Genealogy Club
P.O. Box 4258
Family History Centers
625 E Cherry Ave
Flagstaff, Coconino, Arizona, United States
313 S Lake Powell Blvd
Page, Coconino, Arizona, United States
Tuba City Arizona
21 W Moenavi
Tuba City, Coconino, Arizona, United States
These are not mailing addresses. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Coconino County, Arizona Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).