Colfax County, Nebraska Genealogy
Colfax County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Colfax County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||February 15, 1869|
|Address|| Colfax County Courthouse|
411 E. 11th Street
Schuyler, Nebraska 68661-1940
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Colfax County Courthouse
411 E 11th Street
Schuyler, NE 68661
County Judge has marriage records from 1869, probate records from 1886
and court records form 1885.
Clerk District Court has divorce records from 1881.
County Clerk has land records from 1860. 
Columbus Cemetery Supervisor
1060 12th Avenue, Columbus NE
Saint Patricks Cemetery
Grove Hill Cemetery
S S Peter and Paul Cemetery
Saint Johns Cemetery
Dry Creek Cemetery
Saint Johns Cemetery
For tips on accessing Colfax County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Early migration routes to and from Colfax County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Colfax County, Nebraska page 429, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map I" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap1.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).