Collier County, Florida Genealogy
Guide to Collier County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Collier County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||May 8, 1923|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Collier County Courthouse
3315 Tamiami Trail East
Naples, FL 34112-5324
County Judge has marriage and probate records;
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce, court and land records from 1923
Places / Localities
Albert Benjamin Addison - FLGenWeb Project,Inc.
- Florida Tombstone Transcription Project - USGenWeb
- Interment.net - Florida cemetery records by County
- Veterans Administration National Cemeteries - Florida National Cemeteries
- Collier Co. FLGenWeb Project,Inc. Cemetery Index
For tips on accessing Collier County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
- 1783 Spanish Census - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1821 Census/Tax List Index - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1823 Census/Tax List Index - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1880 Census African Born Blacks and Mulattos - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1885 Florida State Population Census - Includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents. Also census for agriculture, manufacture and mortality.
- Federal Census Information from National Archives - USGenWeb Archives Project
- State Census Information from Florida State Archives - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Census of Pensioners Revolutionary Military Service - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1870 Gray's Atlas Panhandle Portion of State - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1882 Rand McNally Panhandle Portion of State - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Exploring Florida, FCIT Maps, University of South Florida
Index - FLGenWeb Project,Inc.
- Florida State Military Files - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Pension Transcriptions - Florida state pension records from various wars - USGenWeb Pension Project
- Florida Casualties in the Korean Conflict
- Florida Casualties in the Vietnam War
Naples Daily News
1100 Immokalee Road
Naples, FL 34110 http://www.naplesnews.com
- Florida Obituaries - Obituary transcriptions from Florida counties - USGenWeb Obituaries Project
- Addison, Albert Benjamin and Charity - FLGenWeb Project,Inc.
- Collier County obits-By Mary-
- In Memory, Fallen Officers of Collier Co. FLGenWeb Project,Inc.
- Obituary Index: 28 July 1927 - January, 2008 (Completed by volunteers from the Genealogical Society of Collier County).
Pioneer's of Collier
Speed Menefee - FLGenWeb Project,Inc.
- 1923-1945 - Collier County Marriage Book 1 Index 1923-1945. Batch M736792 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Genealogical Society of Collier County, Inc.
P.O. Box 7933
Naples, FL 34101
The Genealogical Society of Collier County, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Naples, Florida. We are dedicated to researching and recording family histories; as well as teaching and assisting researchers through our many educational classes and programs.
Many of our members also serve as volunteers in the "Genealogy Room" located in the reference area of the Naples Regional Library, 650 Central Avenue. Our library volunteers are eager to assist library patrons by offering guidance with the genealogy special collection and computer databases. A schedule of when volunteers are on duty can be found on our website under "Volunteer Help."
The Society offers two free "Beginning Genealogy" courses each year and monthly educational programs at our meetings. Please consult our website at http://thegscc.org for the dates, times and location of our classes and meetings.
Naples Daily News Obituary Index
Volunteers from the Genealogical Society of Collier County, Inc. have indexed names from obituaries and death notices published in the Naples newspapers from July 28, 1927 to January 2008, however the microfilm for certain years has not been found or doesn’t exist. The microfilm reels used in this project, currently numbering over 850, are housed in the Collier County Public Library at 650 Central Avenue, Naples. To search the index online visit: http://public.collier-lib.org/db/ .
Family History Surname Index
Volunteers from the Genealogical Society of Collier County have indexed the surnames found in all the family history books located in the genealogy special collection at the Naples Regional Library,650 Central Avenue. To search the index online visit:http://public.collier-lib.org/dbgen/ .
- Florida State Historical Societies - Listing by County
- Florida Historical Society
- Florida State Genealogical Society
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Collier County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Collier County FLGenWeb
- Collier County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- Genealogical Society of Collier County, Inc.
- Collier County Public Library Genealogy Resources Page
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Collier County, Florida. Page 133 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/54/Igiflorida.pdf.