Colorado Court Records
Major Colorado courts that kept records of genealogical value were established as follows:
- Supreme court has statewide jurisdiction over appellate matters.
- Court of appeals serves as a statewide appellate court for district courts and the Denver superior, probate, and juvenile courts.
- District courts have district-wide jurisdiction over civil and criminal matters.
- County courts have county-wide jurisdiction concurrent with district courts over misdemeanors, preliminary hearings, the issuance of some warrants, some bail matters, minor civil matters, and certain appellate functions. The county courts have exclusive jurisdiction over probates.
- Denver superior court has jurisdiction over appeals from the Denver County Court and concurrent jurisdiction with district courts over minor civil matters for the city and county of Denver.
The Family History Library has only a few Colorado court records (Arapahoe County). Colorado Court records are at the Colorado Division of State Archives and Public Records or at the various county courthouses.