Columbia County, Arkansas Genealogy
|Columbia County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||December 17, 1852|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Columbia County Courthouse
1 Court Sq, #1;
Magnolia, AR 71753
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1853,
divorce and court records from 1860 and probate records;
County Library has cemetery records
- 1852--Columbia County was created 17 December 1852 from Lafayette, Hempstead, and Ouachita Counties.
County seat: Magnolia 
See an interactive map of Columbia County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Columbia County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 67.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).