Columbiana County, Ohio Genealogy
|Columbiana County, Ohio|
Location in the state of Ohio
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| 105 S. Market St.|
Lisbon, Ohio 44432
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Jefferson County 25 March 1803.
- County Seat: Lisbon
- Neighboring Counties: Columbiana County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Mahoning (north) · Jefferson (south) · Stark (west) · Carroll (southwest) · Beaver County, Pennsylvania (east) · Hancock County, West Virginia (southeast)
See an interactive map of Columbiana County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- East Liverpool
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
The following Civil War battle was fought in Meigs County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Ohio.
- Civil War service men from Columbiana County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Columbiana County.
- - 104th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies B, C, F, G, and K
- - 105th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company H
Naturalization and Citizenship
Columbiana County Courthouse
105 S Market Street
Lisbon, OH 44432-1255
Court Clerk has divorce and court records.
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records.
County Recorder has land records.
Family History Centers
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 541, Columbiana County, Ohio. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Wikipedia contributors, "Columbiana County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbiana_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 9 August, 2012)