Community Wiki Support Meeting 22 May 2012
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:00 am. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Lee Drew for sharing his knowledge with us and his constant help
Updates and follow up
Maintenance report - Sandra
- Most categories are almost at zero. Unresolved issues will take some time.
- Orphan pages - a lot are duplicates that needed to be deleted
- To be determined - may have several that need to be deleted, also.
Rootstech - there is a call for papers. Do we have anyone who would be willing to present this year?
- Hands-on presentations would work well for Wiki
- Janell will see what might be planned, already
Improve the Wiki
- Questions have been asked about the Home Page and why we are making changes.
- We understand the difficulties, but others may not.
- How do we make a case for improving the navigation and entryway to the Wiki?
- Should we put together a survey and send it to people who have contributed to the Wiki, or know about the Wiki?
- What would make you want to come back to work on the Wiki?
- What problems did you encounter?
- Navigation problems - what was helpful/problems?
- Focus and expand on research needs to be emphasized, as reasons to use the Wiki
- Advertising is a key to getting people into the Wiki and contributing