Cople Parish, Virginia
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:41, 3 July 2013 by Murphynw
Cople Parish has served Westmoreland County, Virginia. The parish includes Nomini, St. James, and Yeocomico churches.
- abt 1644
- Davison, Bertha Lawrence Newton. The Life of Cople Parish 1664-1964 in Westmoreland County, Virginia. Bowie, Md.: Heritage Books, 1999. FHL Book 975.524 K2d
- Mayo, Wat Tyler, Walter Randolph Crabbe and S. Downing Cox. A Sketch of Yeocomico Church (Built 1706) in Cople Parish, Westmorland County, Va.: With a Reference to the Bicentennial Celebration on July 15, 1906, and the Movement to Raise an Endowment Fund for the Preservation of the Church. FHL
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
- The Episcopal Churches of Cople Parish: Nomini, St. James, Yeocomico (official site) Parish and church histories; photographs.
- Nominy Church, The Historical Marker Database
- Yeocomico Church, The Historical Marker Database
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 300-304.
- Dell Upton, Holy Things and Profane: Anglican Parish Churches in Virginia (Yale University Press, 1997), xi.