Cottle County, Texas Genealogy
Guide to Cottle County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Adopted by TXGenWeb Cottle County
1876--Cottle County was created 21 August 1876 from Fannin Land District. County seat: Paducah 
- Garden of Memories Cemeteries - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Cottle County Cemeteries - TXGenWeb
- FindAGrave - Cottle County cemeteries
- Cottle County Cemeteries - Interment.net
Original Landowners of Texas - USGenWeb Archives Project
Cottle County Photographs - USGenWeb Archives Project
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site
Cottle County Veterans - TXGenWeb
Cottle County WWII Military News - TXGenWeb
Cottle County Obituaries - TXGenWeb
Certified birth and death certificates or birth and death verifications can be ordered online or by mail at the Texas Vital Records State Department of Health. Copies can also be obtained from the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred and are often less expensive. You can also order them online through a third party company.
See Texas Vital Records for more information about Vital records in Texas.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903
- Cottle County Marriages - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Cottle County Divorces - USGenWet Archives Project
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cottle County, Texas. Page 661 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).