Cotton County, Oklahoma Genealogy
Cotton County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Cotton County, Oklahoma|
| Map of Oklahoma highlighting Cotton County|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Founded||August 27, 1912|
|Address|| Cotton County Courthouse|
301 N. Broadway Street
Walters, Oklahoma 73572-1271
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Cotton County Courthouse
301 N Broadway Street
Walters, OK 73572-1271
County Clerk has birth records 1912-1945,
divorce and land records, surveys and school census records;
Clerk Court has marriage, divorce, proabte and court records
- Temple Cemetery, Temple BillionGraves
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Lawton newspapers that may have included Cotton County residents. This database is free at some libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog