Court of the Peculiar Parish of Thorney
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to the "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit the Cambridgeshire Archives and Local Studies or hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
Indexes are included with the original records.
Cambridgeshire Archives and Local Studies
Box RES 1009
Administration bonds and inventories 1754-1857
Register copy wills 1774-1857 and administrations 1754-1857 are in the records of the Archdeaconry Court of Huntingdon
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
- Camp, Anthony J. Wills and Their Whereabouts. London: by author, 1974. Page 130
Family History Library Records
Records have been microfilmed and are available at the Family History Library and through family history centers.
This court had jurisdiction only in the parish and lordship of Thorney in the Isle of Ely.