Cranberry Township Pennsylvania Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Cranberry Family History Center services Allegheny County and Butler County residents and other areas in the North Hills areas of Pittsburgh, PA.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2771 Rochester Road, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066
- Enter on the south side of the building. Ring the doorbell or knock on the door labeled "Family History Center".
- Location on Map
- Thursdays 9:30am-3:30pm and 7-9pm
- Other appointment times as needed. Please email to request a time.
Calendar and Events
Saturday, June 1, 2013 from 10-11:30am
GETTING MORE OUT OF THE CENSUS
Presented By Elissa Powell (Board Certified Genealogist & National Teacher)
Cranberry Family History Center, 2771 Rochester Road, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
FREE Family History 2013 Summer Classes!!!
Email: email@example.com to register for a class and/or to be put on our class announcements blast email list
Classes Thursday: 10-11 am
Classes repeated Thursday: 7:00-8:00pm
May 9 “Wikis for Genealogists and FamilySearch.org’s Learning Center”
May 16 “How to use FamilySearch.org’s new search engine” and other “Top Online Resource References”
May 23 “Search Steps and Tips, Helpful Timelines, Crowdsourcing, etc.!”
May 30 “FamilySearch.org’s Family Tree - Using the FHC scanner to add documents to Dropbox and then attach them to Family Tree”
June 6 “Family Search’s Family Tree – How to add Photos, Stories, and print Fan Charts with Ancestors and Descendants”
June 13 “Searching the Catalog and Ordering Films at FamilySearch.org”
June 20 “Getting Started Writing Personal and Family Stories”
June 27 “Family History Games for Family Fun”
Special One-Time Free Class! Sat. June 1, 2013 10-11:30am
“Getting More Out of the Census”
By Elissa Powell (board-certified genealogist and national teacher)
Take the next step in using the Census in finding out more about your family!
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: You may order films on familysearch.org online and then have them sent to our center for viewing.. We have an extended loan collection of Allegheny and Butler county films, as well as many New York, Eastern European and Italian films. We also have a collection of microfiche.
- We have several genealogy reference books and also local county books of cemetery listings, local family histories, and several years of Butler county obituaries.
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 manual film readers, one digital scanner reader (you may make an appointment time to reserve it), 10 computers with the FHC Portal, a printer, a copier, a flatbed scanner, and a microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area