Cranberry Township Pennsylvania Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Cranberry Family History Center services Allegheny County and Butler County residents and other areas in the North Hills areas of Pittsburgh, PA.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Class Schedule
- 2.1 FREE Family History 2014 Fall Classes!!!Cranberry Family History Centercranberryfhc@gmail.com to register
- 2.2 Open Hours: Thursdays: 9:30 am-3:30 pm & 7-9 pm
- 2.4 Classes Thursday: 10-11 am
- 2.5 Center Resources
- 2.6 Center Services
- 2.7 Resources in the Local Area
- 2.8 Links
- 2.9 Volunteer at the Center - We would love to have you!
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2771 Rochester Road, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066
- Enter on the south side of the building. Ring the doorbell or knock on the door labeled "Family History Center".
- Location on Map
- Thursdays 9:30am-3:30pm and 7-9pm
- Other appointment times as needed. Please email to request a time.
Holiday Schedule: 2014 - We will be closed July 4th, July 25th, August 22nd, August 29th. Oct. 31st, Nov. 28th, Dec. 26th. We will reopen Jan. 9, 2014.
FREE Family History 2014 Fall Classes!!!
Cranberry Family History Center
email@example.com to register
Open Hours: Thursdays: 9:30 am-3:30 pm & 7-9 pm
Classes Thursday: 10-11 am
Sept. 5 “The Research Process: Getting started in Finding your Family: Learning how to Search for Records on FamilySearch.org”
Sept. 12 “Using FamilySearch’s Family Tree – photos, stories, sources, reviewing and merging, editing relationships” We will take our cue from what the class needs to learn. Sign up for individual help after class to learn on your tree.
Sept. 19 “Searching the Catalog and Ordering Films at FamilySearch.org”
Sept. 26 “How to use: Historic Maps, Newspaper Archive and Paper Trail subscription services”
Oct. 3 “How to use the Godfrey Memorial Library subscription service”
Oct. 10 “How to use: Find My Past and The Genealogist subscription services”
Oct. 17 “Pennsylvania Research Help”
Oct 24 “Where else can I Look? A review of places to go for Help”
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: You may order films on familysearch.org online and then have them sent to our center for viewing.. We have an extended loan collection of Allegheny and Butler county films, as well as many New York, Eastern European, Welsh and Italian films. We also have a collection of microfiche.
- We have several genealogy reference books and also local county books of cemetery listings, local family histories, and several years of Butler county obituaries.
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 manual film readers, one digital scanner reader (you may make an appointment time to reserve it), 10 computers with the FHC Portal, a printer, a copier, a flatbed scanner, and a microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area